You may download the complete version of the 2008 Manual Therapy Description of Advanced Specialist Practice.
This has been a huge undertaking and President and committee chairman Robert Rowe wishes to acknowledge and thank everyone involved who diligently gave of their time and efforts in the completion of this important document.
AAOMPT 2011 Educational Standards
A Description of Advanced Clinical Practice in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy
This document which pre-existed the DASP outlines the dimensions of advanced clinical practice of orthopaedic manual physical therapy and presents recommendations for professional development of advanced practitioners. The document has many potential uses. The document can:
- Guide physical therapists in establishing career goals
- Serve as criteria for residency accreditation/credentialing
- Form the basis for developing an OMPT specialty examination
- Contribute to criteria for promotion of staff by the employer
- Assist in defining the scope of manual therapy practice for consumers and insurance companies
There are limited copies of this document still available for purchase. Please contact:
American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists
8550 United Plaza Blvd., Ste. 1001
Baton Rouge, LA 70809