Call for Proposals 2020
We invite all licensed physical therapists to submit a proposal to offer an educational presentation at the 2020 American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT) Annual Conference and Exposition to be held November 4-8, 2020 at the Hilton Cleveland Downtown. The conference committee encourages a variety of topics that reinforce the variety of roles and opportunities for the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapist to advance and redefine musculoskeletal health.
The proposals should be evidence-supported and intended to advance foundational knowledge within OMPT.
We are calling for proposals to join the 2020 AAOMPT Conference:
- One-Day Pre-conference session proposals (must be willing to accept Wednesday or Thursday if accepted)
- Breakout session (45 minutes) presentations proposals (must be willing to accept either Saturday or Sunday morning if accepted)
AAOMPT invites session proposals that will address best practices in the scope of OMPT practice:
- The OMPT as an Expert Clinician and Clinical Decision Maker Advanced (these sessions must include hands on training)
*Please note: all clinical tracks will be presented as a 2-part breakout series (totals 1 1/2 hour session).
- The OMPT as a communicator, collaborator, health advocate, manager or professional
- The OMPT as a scholar including evidence-based practitioner and educator
Key Considerations for Proposal Preparation
- There are at least 3 learning objectives that are clear, relevant, and useful to the AAOMPT audience.
- The proposed session presents new, high-impact clinical application techniques, and/or cutting- edge research, and/or evidence-supported initiatives.
- The proposed session includes broadly applicable & replicable content for clinical practice, research & education.
- The proposed session describes how the content is innovative and/or provides a new perspective improve musculoskeletal health.
- The proposed session includes participatory and/or interactive content that encourages audience engagement and active learning.
- The proposed session provides participants with inspiration, lessons, tools and/or new ideas which can be implemented within the clinic, institution, organization, or community.
- The presentation is a well-written proposal.
AAOMPT looks at the presentations as an opportunity for fellows and members to share their knowledge with the academy. At this time, we welcome your proposal to present at the 2020 AAOMPT conference on a topic of your expertise!
The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2020.