Call for Proposals 2019
We invite you to submit a proposal to offer an educational presentation at the 2019 American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT) Annual Conference and Exposition to be held October 23-27 at the Renaissance Orlando Seaworld.
AAOMPT's 2019 conference is titled: Redefining Musculoskeletal Health
The conference committee encourages a variety of topics that reinforce the variety of roles and opportunities for the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapist to advance and redefine musculoskeletal health.
The proposals should be evidence-supported and intended to advance foundational knowledge within OMPT.
We are calling for proposals to join the 2019 AAOMPT Conference:
- One-Day Pre-conference session proposals (must be willing to accept Wednesday or Thursday if accepted)
- Breakout session presentations (45 minutes) proposals (must be willing to accept either Saturday or Sunday morning if accepted)
AAOMPT invites session proposals that will address best practices in the following key OMPT areas:
1. Advanced clinical skills, clinical reasoning session to improve OMPT outcomes (hands on session)
2. Teaching, mentoring, education trends to advance OMPT
3. Professional and advocacy issues specific to orthopaedic manual physical therapy
4. Translational Knowledge strategies (using research in clinical practice) to advance OMPT
Key Considerations for Proposal Preparation
1. There are at least 3 learning objectives that are clear, relevant, and useful to the AAOMPT audience.
2. The proposed session presents high-impact clinical application techniques, and/or cutting- edge research, and/or evidence-supported initiatives.
3. The proposed session describes how the content is innovative and/or provides a new perspective improve musculoskeletal health.
4. The proposed session describes active learning strategies/techniques to engage attendees.
5. The presentation is as described is relevant and related to the conference theme.
6. The presentation is a well-written proposal.
If you would like to preview the Request for Proposal Form, please click here . Please note submissions will only be accepted electronically though via the below link.
AAOMPT looks at the presentations as an opportunity for fellows and members to share their knowledge with the academy. At this time, we welcome your proposal to present at the 2019 AAOMPT conference on a topic of your expertise!
Deadline for submissions is March 1st, 2019