Please see the below process for those seeking reciprocity recognition with AAOMPT:
IFOMPT MEMORANDUM FOR RECIPROCAL RECOGNITION
IFOMPT Member Organization: American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT)
- That all Member Organizations (MO) have been approved and remain in good standing as a Full IFOMPT Member Organizations accepted by the IFOMPT Educational Standards Committee.
- Members hold a Physical Therapy qualification recognized at national level in that country.
- That graduates from IFOMPT-approved learning institutions/ programs monitored by the IFOMPT Member Organizations have all met a set of minimum requirements that meet the standards as set in the current IFOMPT Standards Document.
The AAOMPT will recognize an individual, who meets the above criteria, as an AAOMPT Fellow with all the responsibilities and privileges associated with this recognition.
Procedure to attain reciprocity:
- Applicants must be living and working in the US.
- Applicants must complete and submit the New Fellow application
- Applicant must submit proof of OMT recognition by their current MO, which documents successful completion of an OMT program that meets IFOMPT educational standards. A diploma or a complete the fellowship verification form included in the application is acceptable.
- Applicant must obtain proof of Licensure to practice physical therapy in the United States.
- Applicant must be in good standing and provide proof of membership in the AAOMPT and the APTA, the United States National Physical Therapy Parent Body association.
- Applicant fees must be submitted with the documents.
AAOMPT fellow recognition will be granted for a 10 year period starting from the date the member received OMT recognition or OMT standing re-certification. Renewal process of Fellow recognition is required in accordance with the AAOMPT standards policies.
For any questions, please contact the AAOMPT Office at firstname.lastname@example.org