We will update this page with any changes to precautions taken. Precautions are subject to change.
AAOMPT conference events will be held in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local government. Currently, vaccine confirmation is not required to attend; however, AAOMPT expects each attendee to take appropriate safety precautions. We highly encourage attendees to be fully vaccinated before traveling to the Annual Conference or have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of participation.
As most of the participants traveling to the AAOMPT Annual Conference are licensed health professionals, we expect that good public health practices be followed to further their health and wellness and the safety and welfare of all that participate. Health practices should include personal health checks, not participating in events if experiencing illness, and managing risk factors for attendance in public events. AAOMPT would also encourage self and peer management consistent with a professional organization. Attendees should refrain from participation if exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. This includes fever and other flu-like symptoms, coughing or shortness of breath, and the inability to taste or smell. Delta variant symptoms may also include sore throat, runny nose, or headache. If you are symptomatic, or believe you met someone with COVID-19 after the meeting or during the meeting, please get a test and contact AAOMPT if it is positive.
The following precautions are being implemented in light of COVID-19 concerns:
- MASK UPDATE: Regardless of vaccination status, masks will be required for all indoor events when physical distancing cannot be assured. Please note for the high-quality expectation for our presentations, when speaking at a microphone or when in the act of eating or drinking, masks may be removed. During any of the clinical breakout session labs, masks will be required.
- Limit to Hands-On sessions with pre-registration required and if a positive test is reported, attendees in the Hands On sessions will be notified
- Hand sanitizing/hand washing stations available through meeting rooms by Hilton
- Regular cleaning/disinfecting in meeting rooms by Hilton
- Social distance seating available in meeting rooms (limited though)
- Additional time allotted between breakout sessions to ensure adequate time to wipe down tables, enter and exit rooms, and provide an opportunity to handwash between sessions
- Live streaming of the General Session programming will be provided in the foyer area outside the main session room
- Sit down meal functions will have limited seating at specific tables (limited though)
- Food & Beverage options will follow Hilton safety guidelines
- AAOMPT will not be providing any shared transportation options to off-venue events
- Recharge Area where there will be seating arranged for an area to remove masks with at least 6 feet distance at a private table (limited though)
AAOMPT cannot guarantee measures taken will fully protect attendees from contracting COVID-19; therefore, anyone concerned or is in the high risk category should consider joining us virtually.