Welcome AAOMPT Academic & Clinical Faculty SIG
The purpose of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy - Academic & Clinical Faculty Special Interest Group (AAOMPT-ACF SIG) is to serve its members by developing the structure for enhancing communication among AAOMPT members who are currently academic or clinical faculty and future faculty. The Academic & Clinical Faculty SIG is committed to facilitating opportunities for both academic and clinical faculty development, mentoring, resources and involvement within AAOMPT.
Objectives of the AAOMPT-ACF SIG are to:
- Develop and provide mechanisms for communication among academic and clinical faculty and future faculty including mentoring.
- Serve as a resource group for matters involving academic and clinical faculty in the education of Physical Therapists in manual therapy.
- Provide resources to academic and clinical faculty for the teaching of OMPT both at the entry level and the post-professional level.
- Promote mechanisms for all academic and clinical faculty to participate in AAOMPT
- Promote cooperation among academic and clinical faculty to support state-of-the art OMPT education both at the entry level and at the post-professional level regarding the application of evidence and research skills in clinical practice.
- To enhance the objectives and functions of the Academy as set forth in the
strategic plan and AAOMPT bylaws as well as by AAOMPT and IFOMPT's Standards of Practice.
More information regarding the ACF SIG can be found in the Rules of Order by Clicking Here.
Membership to the ACF SIG
All current AAOMPT members who are academic and clinical faculty members of physical therapy programs, and those members interested in becoming academic or clinical faculty are eligible for membership in the AAOMPT -ACF SIG. To sign up for the ACF SIG, please follow the below instructions:
- Log into your AAOMPT Membership Profile
- Choose the My Information Tab
- Choose the My Details Option
- Select the pencil tool to the right of the screen which will then allow you to edit your details
- Scroll down to Academic/Clinical Faculty SIG option
- Choose Yes or No and select Save at the bottom of the screen.
Join the ACF SIG LinkedIn Page by Clicking Here
Any questions you may have regarding the ACF SIG, please email email@example.com.
Click here to learn about the Student SIG